Keep It Sweetly Simple!

Simple easy service with one of Canberra's most experienced celebrants. (I have married over 1400 couples.) Your beautiful, memorable and personalised alternative to a Registry Office wedding. Only one one-hour meeting required and the next time we meet, it's your wedding day!

21 October 2010

Giving thanks for soft warm - and very timely - sunlight during chilly midSpring weather


Hello, and welcome.
     Well, we've had so much rain in Canberra lately that everything is blooming like crazy! The rain has been torrential and the dams have benefitted greatly. 
     I am so happy to say that we got a warm sunny break in the wind-off-the-snow weather, right on cue, for the wedding of our son and his beautiful bride on Saturday (October 16). 
     For the reception we had dinner at D'Browes in Narrabundah. Warm and cosy with candles, white tablecloths and beautiful flowers everywhere. A truly wonderful and memorable occasion. 
     
     The cold front has moved on by now and I expect the spring flowers will warm up and finish quite soon. Then it's time for the roses. 
     The Heart Garden has layers on layers of mid-Spring loveliness. I'll put lots of photos on my other blog Come to My Heart Garden. There will be two small weddings in the garden in this coming week. Their timing is superb. The rare and special wisteria is especially spectacular with its long generous racemes. (See photo on the left).
     
     Have you been to Weston Park in Yarralumla recently? To the English Garden and Oaks Brasserie? I have been watching the transformation there since early this year, and everything looks great. ACT Government has invested millions (literally) in the gardens and surrounds of the Brasserie to beautify this heritage site, and owners of the Brasserie, Brent and Elaine have also been refurbishing their restaurant and gallery in a big way. I knew by October the place would be looking beautiful, and it does.
     Our son's wedding was to be held amongst the dogwoods, rhodos and other blossoms in the English Garden, quite near the lake, but the weather moved the ceremony to a sheltered spot in a lovely new garden with fresh lush lush lawn, closer to the heritage building. (The newlyweds are honeymooning on the Barrier Reef right now and I don't have their OK to add their photos to this blog post.) 
Brent, co-owner of Oaks Brasserie in the English Garden, Weston
Park, Yarralumla, with son Ewan and Michele, Mother-of-the-Groom
     We had a post-wedding, pre-reception party in the sheltered grounds of the Brasserie and in the warm setting of the marquee. It was an excellent back-up plan. 
     Brent and his staff looked after us very well, and Brent expressed his gratitude that a celebrant with over twenty years experience, with as much knowledge of the local scene as I have, would be recommending his establishment to my son and his bride.
     The engaged couple had chosen the English Garden for their wedding because they both love beauty in Nature and the view of the lake from this grand garden. I anticipate they got some excellent photos around the English Garden after their wedding ceremony. This magnificent garden belongs to us all. You can marry there for free with National Capital Authority permission. (The link will take you to 'Planning a Wedding on National Land', a really useful site.)
     Masses of beautiful flowers featured in the wedding, in soft spring colours with perfume of freesias to make those olfactory-type memories that can take us back to a happy scene so quickly. Margaret was the marvellous florist but she has retired so I'm sorry I can't recommend that you choose her to do your wedding flowers. I can tell you though that long-time friend of the bride and groom, Kate (Roberts) was their celebrant, and she was excellent. Kate is based in Cooma and travels willingly to Canberra weddings.

Cupcakes by Cherry Seed in Ginninderra Village
- decorative, delicious, just the right amount of sweetness,
and perfect 'take home' gifts for wedding guests
     Weddings celebrate love and commitment, and they are so good for the heart. They strengthen family and community. This all reminds me how much pleasure and satisfaction it gives me to be around these open declarations of love, and the many special new family connections which a wedding will instantly create. 
     If you would like me to officiate at your wedding, I'd be delighted to do so. Please phone me any day between 9am and 9pm on 02 6161 0718, or email me by clicking here

     Till next time
     Sincerely
     Michele

2 comments:

Annia said...

Lovely indeed. I think the flowers makes the occasion very special. When I see flowers around me, I feel like I'm being transported to a far away place where there is no room for doubt, sadness and anxiety.

Michele the Celebrant - Michele Bolitho said...

Annia, thank you for your comment. Can you imagine how happy it is for a Nature-loving mother's heart to raise a son who becomes a horticulturist and arborist, and loves flowers, who falls in love with and marries a delightful young woman who shares his love of beauty?